Sunday, May 20, 2018

Unfathomable Beauty


                Unfathomable and majestic beauty is rarely perceived through the human eye. When it is, it can only be truly experienced when filtered through the deepest part our soul. It is seldom embraced by those who have yet to cultivate a relational understanding of its counterparts; long-suffering, pain, and loss. But on occasion, one might be graced with an opportunity to sincerely witness heavenly splendor.

Perhaps, if we are fortunate, moments of grandeur may permeate the fortified cavern or our essence and then, for an infinitesimal fraction of a second, we may feel an eternity of exquisite perfection as it reaches the core of our spirit. May we taste the luscious and enchanting tranquility that can only be expressed as God’s divine interaction with fallen man.

I am blessed. He has chosen, in His endless grace, that I, a most unworthy servant, be a spectator to His endless love. As a humble onlooker, I have observed the blossoming of my wife’s heart beyond measure. He has poured His Holy Spirit out and she is allowing His provision and comfort to wash away the blemish and stain of a destitute heart plagued with fear, doubt, and desperation.

I wish you could see it! I’m simply a bystander. A silent observer. Though the extraordinary metamorphosis delivers me joy by proxy, I somehow feel that I too was considered an heir to the inheritance of her sanctification.

Daily I dream, with overwhelming anticipation, to hear, “Well done good and faithful servant” but the sin of self-preservation nags at me and I wonder, Have I done enough? Is my heart emptied? Can my souls desire win out in this battle of flesh? Will I finish the race? I am confident that, compared to all He has done from me, I will not be worthy to even stand before my Mighty King and Creator, let alone feel His embrace. But Cassie? Surely, she will find Jesus’ arms stretched wide. Truly I tell you, it is magnificent how much He loves her!

 I am humbled. Yes, I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment